- Individual Hood and Fan control
- Touch Screen display of real time fans speeds, CFM monitoring and VFD diagnostics
- Adjustment of fan speed settings and fan direction change from interface
- One temperature sensor per hood riser (multiple temperature sensors per exhaust fan) for more precise temperature reading
- Room temperature sensor included to start the fans based on temperature offset differential between room and duct
- Preparation time feature: Run exhaust fans at low CFM and no make-up air in the morning
- Self cleaning function with automatic operation (optional)
- Combined with CORE: Touch screen display of CORE status and interlock messages
- Programmable Schedule
- Building Management: Remote monitoring and control (Optional BACNET DDC control)
EMS System Overview
The ETL listed Energy Management System is designed to automatically reduce exhaust and supply airflow quantities while still completely capturing & containing heat and smoke generated by the cooking appliances.
The modulation of the fans between low and high speed is adjusted by variable frequency drives. The use of variable frequency drives allows for a 20% reduction in airflow at the appliance idle temperature. The modulation of the fans during cooking operation allows for maximized energy savings versus a fan running on high speed during the same cooking period.
An adjustable, fully modulating temperature sensor is mounted in the exhaust duct and monitors the exhaust air temperature. The sensor then works in conjunction with a panel mounted temperature controller.