Cooking produces emissions that are the source of mess and cost. The emissions include steam, gas molecules and aerosol droplets that range in size from sub-microscopic to large spatters and solid particles. CaptiveAire's Captrate Filter line offers the most effective grease extractors in the commercial kitchen ventilation industry today to help reduce the grease build-up in the hood duct and plenum. The Captrate Filter line, both Solo and Combo, can extract more than 90% of grease above seven microns in size.
- Captrate© Frequently Asked Questions »
- Catprate© Solo Spec Sheet »
- Captrate© Combo Spec Sheet »
- Captrate© User Manual »
- NYC Certificate of Approval - Solo »
Grease-Stop Solo Filter is ETL Listed under file number 3064494-001 and complies with Standard UL1046 and ULC-S649, NSF Standard #2, NFPA 96 and IMC
Grease-Stop Combo Filter is ETL Listed under file number 3064494-001 and complies with Standard UL1046 and ULC-S649, NSF Standard #2, NFPA 96 and IMC
The Captrate© Solo Filters are available in standard industry sizes and are designed to capture and remove a high percentage of the total grease particulate emissions produced during commercial kitchen cooking operations.
Benefits include reduced fire hazard and maintenance associated with grease build-up in hood plenums, duct work, fan assemblies, rooftops and adjacent surfaces when using Solo filters. The Solo filter is constructed of 430 stainless steel and sized to fit into standard 2-inch deep hood channel(s).
Single unit assembly design does not require any components to be separated for cleaning and maintenance. Simply wash using a dishwasher or soak using a commercial degreaser.
The first stage consists of an optimized S-baffle designed to remove and drain the larger grease particles. The second stage features a packed-bed of porous ceramic media, designed to capture the smaller grease particles associated with commercial cooking. The combined result is a front-end filtration solution delivering unparalleled grease removal efficiency for restaurant hood systems.
The Captrate© Combo Filter is available for new kitchen hoods and can also be retrofitted into most existing ventilation systems. It will substantially reduce cleaning, maintenance cycles and attendant expenses, providing greater overall cost savings than other grease capture devices or systems on the market today.
The Captrate© filter, which is a bed of porous ceramic beads, captures small particles as they are forced through the bed's pathways and then pulls the grease into the beads to prevent clogging. This capture-and-store process as well as the high efficiency, first-stage baffle, which confines more grease than any other baffle, extends the cleaning interval, thereby lengthening the system's run time.
The Captrate© Combo filter features a bed of porous ceramic beads to capture small grease particles as they are forced through the pathways of the bead bed. The grease is then pulled into the beads to prevent clogging, which results in a capture-and-store process. The media bed, along with the first stage baffle filter, confines more grease and reduces the quantity of grease throughout the plenum and duct system.
- Reduces the operating costs by decreasing the frequency of hood and duct work cleaning, exhaust fan replacement, and roof repair
- Improves fire safety of cooking operations by reducing quantity of fuel (grease) throughout the system
- In some cases, can eliminate the need for costly, downstream air purification systems
- Cleaner ducts, exhaust fans, and exterior surfaces, including roofs, walls, and pavement
- Less grease being exhausted from kitchens means less odor, reduces neighbor complaints
- Retrofit capability - CaptiveAire's Captrate© Combo Filters will fit into most existing hood systems that use standard 2" deep filters
- Easy removal and cleaning by the kitchen staff
- Stands up to rough handling
(h x w)
(h x w x d)
|20 x 20||19 5/8” x 19 5/8” x 1 7/8”||2.28|
|20 x 16||19 5/8” x 15 5/8” x 1 7/8”||1.78|
|16 x 20||15 5/8” x 19 5/8” x 1 7/8”||1.78|
|16 x 16||15 5/8” x 15 5/8” x 1 7/8”||1.39|