Captiveaire's Academic Involvement
Our goal is to build an American education model that develops students to their highest possible potential at the lowest possible cost.- Bob Luddy, Founder of CaptiveAire & Thales Academy
The Thales Way
High Quality, Low Cost Education
Education Costs Comparison(Source: The US Census Bureau via Governing Magazine, 2013)
(Includes Washington, D.C.)
Note: Thales’ tuition provides for all building and construction expenditures, while national and state averages do not factor in these costs.
Student PerformanceIowa Tests of Basic Skills
Grade equivalencies compare a student's actual grade level to his or her tested performance level. E.g., At the end of the 2014-2015 school year, an average Thales 2nd grade student tested at the level at which an average US 4th grade student performed.
Reading & Writing
Percentiles indicate the national average percentage of PSAT 8/9 test takers whose scores fell below the average Thales student score in 2015-2016. E.g., Thales 9th grade students scored higher on the Math section than 77% of 9th graders nationally.
Reading & Writing
Percentiles indicate the national average percentage of PSAT/NMSQT test takers whose scores fell below the average Thales student score in 2015-2016. E.g., Thales 11th grade students scored higher on the Evidence-Based Reading & Writing section than 82% of 11th graders nationally.
Percentiles indicate the national average percentage of SAT test takers whose scores fell below the average Thales student score in 2015. E.g., the Thales Class of 2016 scored higher on the Math section than 95% of SAT test takers nationally.
Luddy Institute of Technology
Thales Academy was founded to improve the quality of education in the United States. Thales develops exceptional thinkers and leaders who are grounded in traditional American values such as honesty, respect, work ethic, and responsibility. When these traits are combined with rigorous mathematics, science, and engineering courses, graduates are well-prepared to operate in today's modern world. Thales Academy aims to inspire others, promoting positive change and providing a model for other schools that hope to achieve educational success.Visit Website
Top 15 Outcomes of a Thales Academy Student
We have an exceptional culture of civility, fairness, and respect at Thales Academy. By graduation, each of our students will have mastered all fifteen of these outcomes:
- Unfailing Integrity compels a person to follow a strong code of ethics with honesty in all situations.
- A Virtuous Leader with Well-Developed Judgment combines thinking skills and traits such as humility, generosity, and courage.
- Self-Reliance creates confidence to depend on one's own powers and resources to meet all of one's needs.
- A Truth Seeker searches for the correct, right, or accurate explanation of reality, following the scientific method.
- A Critical Thinker discerns the truth of a statement or observation through questioning and examination.
- A Continuous Learner takes lessons from all aspects of life and work, learns from mistakes, and adapts to change.
- Competent Technical Skills allow individuals to join modern technological industries and navigate modern life.
- Astute Problem Solving leads one to identify the solutions to a problem, evaluate likely outcomes, assess risk, and choose correctly.
- A Cooperative and Contributive Team Member knows how to collaborate to achieve successful results.
- A Strong Work Ethic links perseverance, reliability, and honesty.
- Dreams and Aspirations to Change the World help us remember that directed efforts bring us closer to our goals.
- Traditional American Values and Entrepreneurialism drive a leader to build and sustain a thriving economy.
- Well-Developed People & Communication Skills promote effective sharing with a clear message.
- Gratitude acknowledges the gifts one has been given and the contributions of others.
- A Healthy Mind, Body and Spirit offer the freedom to operate at an optimal level and achieve a higher sense of fulfillment.
- Holly Springs
- Wake Forest