Are you interested in representing CaptiveAire and selling our products?
Please fill out the following form, and we will contact you soon.
Single Wall Gas Vent Specification
SECTION 23 51 23 - Gas VentsSPECIFICATIONS
TAG: Single Wall, Special Gas Vent (SGV)
PART 1 - GENERAL1.1 SUMMARY
- Model -V Special Gas Vent/Type BH Gas Vent System
- The manufacturer assumes no liability for the use or results of use from this document. Specifications are to be reviewed by the engineer to confirm the requirements of the project and meet Federal, State, and Local building codes.
- As the manufacturer continues product development, it reserves the right to change design and specifications without notice.
- All vent sections shall be Listed and comply with safety standards UL 1738, and ULC-S636.
- All vent sections are intended to be installed in accordance with requirements contained in the Standard for Chimney, Fireplaces, Vents and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances, NFPA 211.
- All units shall be provided with the following standard warranties:
- Special Gas Vent system(s) are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and service, for a period of 20-years from the date of shipment.
- This warranty shall not apply if:
- The equipment is not installed by a qualified installer per this installation guide; the operation manual should be kept with the equipment once installation is complete.
- The equipment is not installed in accordance with Federal, State, Local codes and regulations.
- The equipment design or sizing is not approved per MANUFACTURER'S specifications.
- The equipment is misused, neglected, or not maintained per the MANUFACTURER'S maintenance instructions.
- The equipment is exposed to elevated temperatures due to a fire originating in the building, hood, fan, vent, or kitchen appliances.
- The equipment is not operated within its published capacity.
- The equipment is operated, tested, or stored in the presence of chlorines, solvents, refrigerant vapors, caustic substances, halogenated compounds, or other conditions that could cause condensation of corrosive materials within or on the system.
- The equipment is substituted or connected with parts not manufactured per Original Equipment Manufacturer.
- The invoice is not paid within the terms of the sales agreement.
- The manufacturer shall not be liable for incidental and consequential losses and damages potentially attributable to malfunctioning equipment. Should any part of the equipment prove to be defective in material or workmanship within the 20-year warranty period, upon examination by the manufacturer, such part will be repaired or replaced by manufacturer at no charge. The buyer shall pay all labor costs incurred in connection with such repair or replacement. Equipment shall not be returned without manufacturer's prior authorization and all returned equipment shall be shipped by the buyer, freight prepaid to a destination determined by the manufacturer.
PART 2 PRODUCTS2.1. GENERAL
- Intended to vent Category II, III, and IV gas-fired appliances.
- -V Type BH venting system is suitable for gas burning appliances with vent gas temperatures not exceeding 550 F (288 C) continuously for the US, vent gas temperatures not exceeding 245 C (473 F) for Canada.
- Vent sections shall be constructed of .036" thick, 444 type stainless steel and be available in diameters 5" through 36".
- Vent joints shall be held together by the means of a formed V clamp and sealed with 3M Fire Barrier 2000+.
PART 3 EXECUTION3.1 EXAMINATION
- Examine areas and conditions for compliance with requirements for installation tolerances and other conditions affecting performance of work.
- If unsatisfactory conditions exist, correct conditions prior to installation.
- Intended for use with gas-burning appliances rated category II, III, and IV.
- Factory-built vent system for use with negative and positive pressure up to 50 in.w.c.
- Install in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, drawings, written specifications, manufacturer's installation manual and all applicable building codes.
- Clearance plates are supplied with all -V thimble assemblies to maintain a minimum clearance to combustibles from the surface of the vent shell.
- Piping installation requirements are specified in other Division 23 Sections. Drawings indicate the general arrangement of piping, fittings, and specialties. Install the vent system to allow service and maintenance.
- Vent installation requirements are specified in other Division 23 Sections. Drawings indicate the general arrangement of vents.